EBAN Releases 2015 Statistics Compendium for Angel Investing Market - 8.3% Increase to 6.1 Billion Euros
EBAN just announced the publishing of the 2015 Statistics Compendium - a unique research publication highlighting trends in the business angel investing market with the most up-to-date information.
Taking into account angel investment data from both 2014 and 2015, EBAN estimates the European early-stage market at €8.6 billion, with Angel Investing representing approximately €6.1 billion in 2015.
Key findings of EBAN’s annual statistics for the year 2015 include:
– Angel investment grows 8,3% from €5.5 billion in 2012 to €6.1 billion in 2015
– Overall early stage investment market is estimated at €8.6 billion
– UK leads European angel investment (visible market) with 96 million Euros followed by Spain (€55) and Germany (€44)
– European angel investment community is made up of approximately 303.650 angel investors
– Europe’s visible market is stabilising at 470 networks
– Average investment per company increases to €184k in 2015 (€166k in 2013)
– Investment per angel investor decreased from €20.437 to €19.990
– ICT collects 22% of amount invested and 37% of number of deals followed by Manufacturing and Biotech and Life Sciences (13% and 11% respectively) in terms of amount invested and Mobile (13%) in terms of number of deals.
– BAs continue to invest more and more with other angels and through early-stage funds
The full 2015 Statistics Compendium can be downloaded here!
For a quick summary of the Compendium, check out this powerpoint!